Sunday, July 3, 2011

We've Graduated!!! :D

Leon and I have now officially graduated from Canine Partners for Life!! :D

The graduation ceremony today went well --stories of hopes for the future and increased independence were shared and tears welled up. It was sad to say goodbye to my classmates, the trainers, the staff and all the wonderful support people who have encouraged us so much the past 3 weeks. We'll keep in touch, though.

I fly back to TX tomorrow. I am really exhausted after doing laundry, so I'll probably go ahead and go to bed and pack in the morning. I really, really dislike packing --but I must in order to go home to the Houston area.

I made a goal sheet as an assignment --goals for Leon and I to accomplish in the next six months:

--Get to the point where Leon is not stressed or scared when the force dryer is used on him

--Retrieve a dime off of the floor

--Carry my lunch from the food court to the Writing Center on campus (where I work)

--Gain proficiency at opening doors with the door hook thing

--Ride on the Houston MetroRail together

--Enter an AKC Rally Obedience Novice-level competition and get at least one qualifying score

I am looking forward to working together with Leon to accomplish these things --and also looking forward to having a better quality of life with Leon by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment