Thursday, July 14, 2011

Long, but good day!

Today, I had a doctor's appointment. Leon went in the room and laid down --he took a nap. Even when a couple of nurses came in because they heard there was a service dog --they wanted to see him and ask questions --he just laid there soaking in the compliments of how good he was.

After the appointment, we went to the Woodlands Mall to go to the food court. We went to JC Penny's first for some PT pants. During lunch, he laid under the table quietly. We then rode the carousel. He just laid there --each time he looked at me, I gave him a treat. Hopefully the fact that he took the carousel ride so very calmly is a sign that he's learning that riding on open-sided moving things is okay (he's not a fan of the golf cart at church --we're working on that.) We went to get water and realized that his portable bowl had fallen somewhere --we went back to the carousel and asked if they had seen it --one of the ladies (an older lady) working ran and jumped onto the moving carousel to go look for our bowl --before I could even tell her that I was okay with waiting until the ride was over --she found it and returned it to us.

When I had all the mall I could handle, we left and went to the PT office. We were early and I was more than willing to just sit and chill until my scheduled time, but we started early. Leon laid next to the bed/table/whatever it's called and took a snooze the whole time.

After PT, I drove to a friend's house to hang out for a couple of hours. Leon helped me up (and later down) 2 flights of stairs --friend lives on the 3rd floor of her apartment building. He was really interested in their cat Saul (who was clearly not happy at all with his presence), but controlled himself when told --he laid down and looked at Saul with sad eyes. Leon picked up my water bottle, but had a bit of trouble with "put it in" to throw it away, so we need to practice more with that.

We are now back home and getting ready for bed. Overall, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment