Sunday, June 19, 2011

Graduate Support Class

Journal #8: June 19, 2011

Today has been a rough day emotionally for me. I had a good friend decide not to continue with team training today. I was really hoping this would work out for her since it’s been a long and crazy 2-year long process for her. So I am heartbroken for her –she’s returning to her home without a service dog. And the dog had to return to the kennel instead of having a partner. Sad ending for both involved.

Today, we had a Graduate Support Class. I was great seeing the successful teams –those that had worked through the initial issues and the testing that the dogs do at first and now have very close, amazing partnerships with their dogs. I was reminded of the difficulties I had with Pebbles at first (she was a stubborn one, that dog) and how, with a lot of hard work and perseverance, we overcame and had a beautiful partnership.

I saw several graduates who stuck with their given task until the dog successfully completed it –and then threw their dog a party. I was impressed with the teamwork I saw in the teams present.

No comments:

Post a Comment