Sunday, June 19, 2011

Game Day

Journal #7: June 19, 2011

Today was game day at team training. We played “Musical Mats” –which was like “Musical Chairs”, only we had to have our dogs sit on a mat when the music stopped. It got pretty insane and cutthroat at times. My competiveness definitely came out and I really overdid it physically. I kept going instead of stopping when I should have. My friend Amy had some video shot of the game and posted it in her blog: http://mageenme.tumblr.com/post/6675124542/we-had-fun-today-we-played-musical-dogs-and-it

We then played “My Service Dog Can Do That” –where we had a list of tasks of varying point values –and had to do as many as we could in the span of 3 minutes. Leon and I got a score of 19 points, so we did respectably (we didn’t win anything, but we had fun.)

Leon had a BLAST playing with the other dogs in the play yard after class. He runs FAST! It was great to see him be a dog for a while. It took him a while to cool down after, though (being a big, black dog.) I took some photos, but forgot the cord for my camera in TX, so I'll see if I can edit this post when I get home to add them.

I think Taz (the office cat) loves to torture the poor dogs around here. While I had Leon in a stand (with me sitting on the floor) while I was grooming him, Taz came waltzing up, rubbing all over Leon and weaving between his legs. Leon just looked at me with the most pitiful face, but remained standing in place –he did very well at ignoring Taz trying to get a rise out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment