Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quick Note

A week ago, Leon started vomiting. Even though I always gave his antibiotic after he ate, it started making him throw up. He'd keep small handfuls of kibble down, but if I tried to give him rice, he'd throw up again. So, found out that rice doesn't agree with him.

On Tuesday morning, he finished his course of antibiotics for his ears (which didn't help a whole lot since it is a yeast problem in his ears, not bacterial --the vet didn't even do a smear of what was in his ear before giving us the $100 pills.) Tuesday was the last time he vomited.

He was taken off of food for 24 hours (with as much water as he wanted) and then I slowly started to introduce food back into his system. 1/4 cup, wait 2 hours, give another 1/4 cup. Repeat at the next mealtime.

This morning, he was back up to his normal cup 1/2 of food and no more vomiting since Tuesday. :)

I am so glad my boy is well again. I was getting worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment